Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baxter goes to Nantucket!

On Saturday, August 16th, I celebrated my 31st birthday. It's an annual tradition that my sisters and I go to Nantucket for the day to celebrate my birthday. This year, Steph was on her honeymoon, so just Colleen and I went and we decided to bring Baxter along for the day. He did great on the ferry except when he saw another dog. He started barking really loud and we got a few stares. So we decided to sit next to the snack bar so he would behave while everybody walked by with their food. He did great the rest of the day, enjoying lots of attention from people walking by and was all tuckered out by late afternoon.

Colleen and I hit a few favorite shops and then enjoyed lunch and ice cream. I was getting tired easily so it was a short trip this year but we had lots of fun.

Mike stayed home to work on our bathroom remodel. As some of you know, this project has been going on for 1.5 years and it's slowly coming together. It's difficult because Mike and his friends who are plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc. are working on it during their spare time which isn't much during the summer months. On Saturday, Mike and our neighbor, Chris who also happens to be a general contractor tiled our beautiful new bathroom floor. Next week, they hope to tile the shower with white subway tiles, and then put up the bead board, and finally the toliet and sink can be installed. I'm counting the days as I have to make many trips during the night to the bathroom downstairs.


Deirdre (26 weeks) & Baxter

Baxter enjoying the day on the streets of Nantucket

New tile in upstairs bathroom!

No comments: