Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fourth of July

House deocrated for the Fourth!
Peonies in the backyard


Baxter's new life jacket (he hates it)!


Should I jump?



We spent the Fourth of July at a family cookout and then headed to the Duxbury Fourth of July parade. We caught the end of the parade and then took the boat out for a short ride before it started to rain. Mike and I took the rest of the week off to relax and get some projects done around the house.

Our latest project is the room in our basement which will become my future office. I work from home one day a week and I will need a quiet place to study while going for my masters degree in the fall. When we bought the house, the room was already finished with walls, windows, and recess lighting but the previous owners had it packed with all their old furniture and used it for storage. So Mike and I patched up the walls last week and put on a first coat of paint. We also ordered new carpet which should be done in the next few weeks. I'll post some before and after pics when I get the chance.

We spent the rest of our time off on Cape Cod. Mike helped out Ian with the Bassett30 custom boat which is to be delivered this week. Congrats to Ian & Dana! My mom and I hit the beach at Dowes and then Mike and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Keeper's restaurant in Crosby Boat Yard. It was a nice way to end our short but sweet vacation.

No comments: