Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday, was my first Mother's Day and it was so very special. A few years ago, I wondered if I ever would have a baby as I struggled with trying to get pregnant. Here I am now, with an adorable 6 month old who is the joy of my life. I'm so blessed to have such a beautiful son. Mike bought me a beautiful, diamond ring to celebrate the occasion. It is stunning and I'm very lucky to have such a great husband. I got home from work on Thursday night and he had Liam holding the ring box (see photo below).

Liam and I spent the weekend on the Cape with my family. Unfortunately, Mike is still working nights and had to work all weekend. He only has one more week of this night shift duty and we'll be so excited to have him around again. Liam, Baxter, and I packed up on Saturday morning and headed to the Cape. My sisters were in town and Liam got lots of attention from his aunties, uncles, and Grammy & Grampa Sean. They cooked my mom and I a delicious brunch on Sunday morning including Stephanie's homemade lemon pancakes with fresh strawberry sauce. Here are some photos from the wonderful weekend:



Mother's Day on the Cape

Daddy's present for Mommy


I'm too cool in my shades





Grammy and Auntie Colleen


My new bathtub (it quacks!)

No comments: