Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Liam turns 6 months!

Today, is Liam's 6 month birthday. We had his 6 month checkup with the doctor today and he weighed in at 17 lbs and measured 26 inches. He's doubled his birth weight and has grown 6 inches since November!

He is rolling all over the place and is now sitting up on his own. He is eating some baby food (oatmeal cereal, apples, and peas). He's not too crazy about the peas but loves the apples! He likes to hold the spoon himself ( I think he's going to be very independent). He enjoys jumping in his jumperoo and hanging out in the exersaucer. He's definitely teething and has everything in his mouth but nothing has popped through yet. Bathtime is still his favorite and loves to kick the water and hold onto his toes. It's a challenge dressing him now as he rolls everywhere and wants to grab everything.

He also has quite the admiration for his big brother, Baxter. He is just crazy about the dog. If the dog walks into the room, he smiles. I'm just not sure how much Baxter is into Liam. He is gentle with the baby and gives him licks but I think Baxter is a little jealous that he doesn't get all of our attention these days. I keep telling him just wait, soon Liam will be crawling after him and he won't get any peace to himself.

Here are some photos of our little guy. Enjoy!


Enjoying the swing in my backyard

Using Baxter as a footrest

I got this onesie for Mike as a Father's Day gift last year

Spending time with Gramma Murphy

Relaxing in my tub after a long day (tough life!)

1 comment:

OConnellFamily said...

he is such a little irish white boy! Look at that skin!