Yesterday, I was admitted to South Shore Hospital due to having high blood pressure and more contractions. There was talk of inducing me last night if the blood work for pre-eclampsia came back positive. She told us to get our hospital bags and to head over to Labor & Delivery. All blood work came back negative and my blood pressure came down with resting yesterday afternoon. We also had an ultrasound to check on the baby. Liam is a big baby, already at 37 weeks he is measuring 7lbs 15 oz, and his head and stomach measurements are off the charts. The tech told us we are having a chubby baby! He was yawning on the ultrasound and sucking on his fist. It was a tease at this point to see him on the screen because I just can't wait to hold him in my arms. They wanted to make sure he was a good size just in case they have to induce me early. He is head down and is no longer breech and so far I'm only 1cm dilated. I'm having contractions every 5-7 minutes but nothing that stays regular.
Today, they are continuing to monitor my blood pressure and running some more tests. If everything looks okay, they may send me home this evening but I will be on full bed rest until I deliver. Luckily, that's only a few weeks away at most. My OB said they will continue to monitor me in her office every 2-3 days and if my blood pressure continues to rise, they will induce me within the next week or so. They would like to see me get to 38 weeks which is next week. So that's the latest for now, we'll just have to take it one day at a time and see what my blood pressure does.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was ready to shoot Ian. We're just going to bed and he's like "Oh - i forgot to tell you, Mike & D had their baby".... I was like WHAT???? And then he told me you were admitted because of your blood pressure. That stinks. I hope baby Liam can grow just a little more - we want those lungs all nice and big and working on their own. Although we can't wait to see him too! Anyhow - I'm glad you're feeling a little better. When you really DO have the baby, have Mike call ME! Otherwise you'll be home from the hospital before I even find out! lol.
Post a Comment